PUMP is joining the YWCA Greater PIttsburgh in the Stand Against Racism!
April 28-May 1, 2016 YWCAs and partner organizations throughout the country are standing together to say that we are against racism and On a Mission for Girls of Color! The Stand Against Racism is a signature campaign of YWCA USA to build community among those who work for racial justice and to raise awareness about the negative impact of institutional and structural racism in our communities.
PUMP will be participating in the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh’s Stand Against Racism by holding hands to create a human chain against racism surrounding their downtown office Friday, April 29 11:30am-12:30pm. Register to join us!
If you can't make it or just want to organize your own event, here are some other ways to participate:
· Make a big poster saying “We Stand Against Racism” and have everyone at your organization sign it.
· Take the Pledge Against Racism.
· Research the ways your organization does or does not serve communities of color and share it with colleagues.
· Hold a meeting to have a dialogue about race. Find resources on girls of color and a glossary of racial justice terms.
· Host a speaker, panel or video screening about racism.
· Hold a rally.
· Publicly talk about how your organization/business addresses racism.
· Perform a service that addresses racism: volunteer in a public housing project, start tutoring, etc.
· Create a human chain against racism.
· Tell others about your stand via social media using #standagainstracism and/or this graphic.