We're excited for our 2016 Kickball for a Cause on August 6th at Mellon Park in Shadyside that will raise funds for 4 great causes - Strong Women Strong Girls, Orange Arrow, Friends of the Riverfront, and 412 Food Rescue! Learn more about the event and Causes HERE.
To ensure a great event, we're recruiting dozens of volunteers to help with all aspects of the event. Join us for an awesome day, great event, and tons of fun!
- Tournament Play - Assist with all aspects of the tournament itself including field monitors, score runners, water monitors and refreshers, floaters, set-up and clean-up, and more. These roles are ideal for someone who wants to be close to the tournament action.
- Festival Support - Assist with all aspects of the festival including food, beverages, ID check, Cause liasons, raffles, set-up and clean-up, and more. These roles are ideal for someone who wants to be close to the charitable causes and the dynamic energy that surrounds the tournament.
- Green Team - Assist with all aspects of our Zero Waste goals including recycling station monitors and guides, bag refreshment, set-up and clean-up, and more. Our plan is to drastically reduce our environmental footprint this year. These roles are ideal for someone who wants to help us meet our Zero Waste goals.
Flexibility is very helpful to us in our planning, so if you are open to being assigned to wherever we need you, please indicate so during the registration process.
The event begins early in the morning and ends in the late afternoon and we need volunteers throughout the entire day. Volunteers have the options of selecting morning, afternoon, and full day time slots. If you can only volunteer a few hours, let us know and we'll figure out how to get you involved.
All volunteers will receive a t-shirt, free food and drink, a thank you gift from PUMP, and loads of fun. You also get the personal satisfaction of knowing that you're supporting not one, but four great organizations in Pittsburgh.
Other Important Information
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age and older
- All activities take place outside rain or shine
- Some responsibilities require lifting and carrying 25 lbs