Pittsburghers join PUMP for many reasons. Here are just a few...
Enjoy MEMBERS ONLY benefits
- Greatly reduced or free admissions for all PUMP events.
- Eligibility for a full year of Pittsburgh Sports League activities.
- Complimentary MillerCoors beverages at PUMP events throughout the year.
- Access to PUMP exclusive deals and discounts at local bars and restaurants participating in our growing Hometown Hot Spot program
- Access to PUMP exclusive deals at local businesses around town
Join a Movement for Change
- Founded in 1996, PUMP is one of the largest non-academic organizations in the region serving young people, primarily between the ages of 25-35.
- We serve nearly 25,000 people each year through a diverse array of programs and activities.
Make Your Voice Heard
- PUMP mobilizes young people around public policy issues that are important to the future of our City, align with our priorities, and matter to our constituents.
- We are about leveraging our collective voice for change.
- Example: Lobbied successfully in Harrisburg for Transit and Transportation funds in 2013.
Connect with Civic Leaders
- We provide opportunities for young people to connect with candidates for office, elected officials, and community leaders through debates, forums, and social events.
- Example: Hosted the largest Mayoral Forum, focused on young people, in Pittsburgh in 2013.
Build Your Networks
- We host over 30 events every year that provide an opportunity for YOU to build your personal and professional networks.
- We also run the Pittsburgh Sports League (PSL), one of the largest adult co-ed sports leagues in the country.
- Other events include: 40 Under 40 Awards, monthly happy hours, entrepreneur panels, volunteer speed dating with nonprofits.
Serve Your Community
- Most of our events have a community service aspect.
- Have fun while we raise money and awareness for organizations aligned with our priorities.
- Get engaged with organizations by helping them address their missions through service.
- Examples: Kickball for Hope (Girls Hope), PUMP Night at the Pirate Game (Bike Pittsburgh).