As one of PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda key themes, we support Equitable Access to Health + Wellness.
The air we breathe, the water we drink, and the public spaces we share are as crucial to the region’s collective health as access to affordable healthcare and accessible grocery stores.
- Affordable, high quality, comprehensive healthcare options for all.
- Accessible, safe recreational spaces and activities in every neighborhood.
- Access to affordable, healthy food in every neighborhood.
- Clean air and water for all including green infrastructure and sustainable practices.
These are a few of the projects PUMP is actively involved in to ensure the Pittsburgh region has equitable access to health and wellness for all. Check out our community calendar for additional events and activities to get involved in these and other key regional issues.
- Our kids. Our commitment. – PUMP is a Steering Committee organization of Our kids. Our commitment. working to establish the Allegheny County Children’s Fund.
- Pittsburgh Sports League (PSL) – PUMP runs the nationally recognized PSL which brings together over 24,000 young adults each year through co-ed recreational sports and activities.
- Adagio Health Symposium – PUMP sponsored a portion of the inaugural Adagio Health Symposium– Transforming Women’s Health.
- Community Service – PUMP staff and volunteers perform 2 or more service projects to improve community recreational spaces each year.