As one of PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda key themes, we support Active + Engaged Residents.
Democracy survives and thrives through the open dialogue and purposeful engagement of its citizens. A platform for participation is crucial to meeting the wants and needs of our diverse communities.
- Policies, programs, and initiatives that help voters become more engaged and knowledgeable.
- Opportunities to engage with elected officials and influence public policy.
- Equitable legislative districts that fairly represent all voting populations.
These are a few of the projects PUMP is actively involved in to ensure the Pittsburgh region has active, engaged residents. Check out our community calendar for additional events and activities to get involved in these and other key regional issues.
- PUMP is an Endorsing Organization of Fair Districts PA and continues to promote their events and activities to end gerrymandering in PA.
- PUMP supports Pennsylvania Senate Bill 22 and Pennsylvania House Bill 722 to establish an independent commissions to draw legislative and congressional districts in Pennsylvania. Read our statement and more about the issue.
- PUMP, in partnership with Urban League Young Professionals of Greater Pittsburgh, presented a 2017 Pittsburgh Mayoral Candidate Forum focused on the issues that matter most to young people in Pittsburgh.
- PUMP continues to serve as a promotional sponsor for the Chatham University Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics Ready to Run campaign training for women program on an annual basis.
- PUMP shares information about upcoming elections, voter registration deadlines, polling places prior to the major regional elections as well as details on how to run for office.