As one of PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda key themes, we support Active + Engaged Residents.
Democracy survives and thrives through the open dialogue and purposeful engagement of its citizens. A platform for participation is crucial to meeting the wants and needs of our diverse communities.
- Policies, programs, and initiatives that help voters become more engaged and knowledgeable.
- Opportunities to engage with elected officials and influence public policy.
- Equitable legislative districts that fairly represent all voting populations.
These are a few of the projects PUMP is actively involved in to ensure the Pittsburgh region has active, engaged residents. Check out our community calendar for additional events and activities to get involved in these and other key regional issues.
- PUMP is an Endorsing Organization of Fair Districts PA and continues to promote their events and activities to end gerrymandering in PA.
- PUMP supports Pennsylvania Senate Bill 22 and Pennsylvania House Bill 722 to establish and independent commissions to draw legislative and congressional districts in Pennsylvania. Read our statement and more about the issue.