As one of PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda key themes, we support a Diverse + Connected Region.
The ability for people to affordably and conveniently commute around Pittsburgh, addressing systemic inequities, and affordable neighborhoods are hallmarks of a progressive, human-centered community that is welcoming to all.
- Visibility, recognition, and representation of positive diverse individuals, cultures, and values in leadership and positions of power.
- Diverse, inclusive, affordable neighborhoods and communities.
- World-class, multi-modal transportation infrastructure that supports and fosters community and regional connectivity.
- Spaces and opportunities for all residents to engage in dialogue and action to address diversity, inclusion, social justice and racism.
- Protection and support for immigrants, refugees, formerly incarcerated individuals, and other vulnerable populations.
- Affordable accessible high-speed internet and leading-edge technology for all.