As one of PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda key themes, we support Equitable Opportunities for Success.
Access to a diverse array of educational opportunities, funding for job-creating entrepreneurs, and fostering a competitive business environment will pave the way for employment opportunities that all of our region’s residents can benefit from.
- Access to affordable, high-quality education and workforce development opportunities for all children and adults.
- Equitable access to individual, community, and financial support for education, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- A competitive business environment that fosters job creation and innovation by employers that support equitable opportunities and good paying jobs.
These are a few of the projects PUMP is actively involved in to ensure the Pittsburgh region has more equitable opportunities for success for all. Check out our community calendar for additional events and activities to get involved in these and other key regional issues.
- Our kids. Our commitment. – PUMP is a Steering Committee organization for Our kids. Our commitment., which in 2018 advocated for the Allegheny County Children’s Fund, a ballot initiative to support programs proven to ensure the wellbeing of kids: early childhood learning, after school programs, and nutritious meals. We collected 63,499 signatures to become the first citizen-led initiative to successfully qualify for the ballot in Allegheny County. Although it did not pass on Nov. 6, 2018, it generated new partnerships and thousands of conversations about how all of us in Allegheny County can invest in our kids. The coalition remains committed to creating positive change.
- Education Funding and Equity – PUMP endorses The Campaign for Fair Education Funding by becoming a campaign member organization. PUMP testified at the Pittsburgh Public Schools 2018 budget hearing regarding a committed focus on equity.
- All for All Summit – PUMP serves as a sponsor for the All for All Summit which convenes professionals to discuss immigrant integration in their work.
- A+ Schools Changemakers Celebration – PUMP serves as a sponsor of A+ Schools Changemakers Celebration which honors education innovators, student leaders, parents, teachers, and volunteers in Pittsburgh’s education community.