A Movement for Change
Founded in 1996, PUMP is the largest organization in the region serving young people primarily under the age of 40, but all are welcome. Our tagline gets to the heart of who we are and what we do:
Get Active. Be Connected. Create Change. Individual membership is only $15. Join Now
Join with over 10,000 PUMP members to:
Advocate for Change
Shape and influence public policy issues that are important to the future of our city. PUMP is a platform for you to learn about issues, take action, and create change.
Connect with Civic Leaders and Opportunities
Dialogue with policymakers and civic leaders through our debates, forums, and meet and greets and connect with leadership opportunities to make an impact across a wide spectrum of issues.
Recreate and Play
Promote health and wellness through the nationally recognized Pittsburgh Sports League (PSL), community wellness activities, and tournaments.
Diversify Your Personal and Professional Networks
Build and diversify your networks, meet new people, and welcome newcomers through dozens of civic and social events, service experiences, and the PSL.
Serve Your Community
Make a difference in your community and the lives of others through service projects, fundraisers, and volunteer opportunities. Through the years, PUMP has donated tens of thousands of dollars and volunteer hours to local nonprofits.
Collaborate and Share Ideas for Impact
Connect with other young people who lead and want to make a difference, community influencers, organizations, and events and opportunities to create change.
MEMBERS ONLY Benefits:
- Priority access to and participation in PUMP committees and planning groups.
- Priority registration and/or free or reduced admission fees to all advocacy, civic leader, network building, and community service events.
- Exclusive Members Only events and VIP experiences.
- Eligibility for a full year of Pittsburgh Sports League (PSL) activities.
- Complimentary MillerCoors beverages at many PUMP events throughout the year.
- Exclusive deals and discounts at local bars and restaurants participating in our growing Hometown Hot Spots program.
- Coming spring 2018! Access to our Leadership Opportunity Portal, that lists Boards, Commissions, Advisory Groups, Internships, and Fellowships specifically recruiting young people.
- Coming summer 2018! Access to our Business Partnership Program, that lists exclusive and curated discounts to education, sports, arts, food, entertainment, transportation, and more.