A Movement for Change
Founded in 1996, PUMP is the largest organization in the region serving young people primarily under the age of 40, but all are welcome. Our tagline gets to the heart of who we are and what we do:
Get Active. Be Connected. Create Change. Individual membership is only $15. Join Now
Join with over 10,000 PUMP members to:
Advocate for Change
PUMP engages young people around advocacy and public policy issues that are important to the future of our city and matter to our constituents. PUMP is a platform for you to learn about issues, take action, and create change.
Connect with Civic Leaders and Opportunities
PUMP provides you with opportunities to dialogue with elected officials, policy makers, candidates, and community leaders and connect with leadership opportunities to make an impact across a wide spectrum of issues.
Diversify Your Personal and Professional Networks
PUMP is your home for building and diversifying your personal and professional networks through the nationally recognized Pittsburgh Sports League (PSL) and dozens of social and civic events that bring people together each year.
Serve Your Community
PUMP provides you with opportunities to directly serve your community through community initiatives, fundraisers, service projects, and volunteer opportunities. Through the years, PUMP has donated tens of thousands of dollars and volunteer hours to local nonprofits and causes.
Share Ideas and Resources
PUMP connects young people who want to make a difference with the information, initiatives, nonprofits, businesses, community leaders, and opportunities to create change.
MEMBERS ONLY Benefits:
- Priority access to and participation in PUMP committees and planning groups.
- Priority registration and/or free or reduced admission fees to all advocacy, civic leader, network building, and community service events.
- Exclusive Members Only events and VIP experiences.
- Eligibility for a full year of Pittsburgh Sports League (PSL) activities.
- Complimentary MillerCoors beverages at many PUMP events throughout the year.
- Exclusive deals and discounts at local bars and restaurants participating in our growing Hometown Hot Spots program.
- Coming spring 2018! Access to our Leadership Opportunity Portal, that lists Boards, Commissions, Advisory Groups, Internships, and Fellowships specifically recruiting young people.
- Coming summer 2018! Access to our Business Partnership Program, that lists exclusive and curated discounts to education, sports, arts, food, entertainment, transportation, and more.