On August 10, 2019, PUMP will once again host Kickball for a Cause at Mellon Park and bring together 600+ young people, ages 21+, for a day of kickball, fundraising, picknicking, and fun.
Now in it’s 17th year of play, Kickball for a Cause features 32 teams which play in round-robin lightening games in Mellon Park throughout the day while enjoying generous donations of food, drink and music from our sponsors. The top 8 teams advance into playoff rounds – which always generates a crowd of supporters and cheers.
We need your help finding this year’s Causes!
Since its inception, Kickball for a Cause has raised tens of thousands of dollars for local nonprofits and charities. We look to you, our loyal members and participants, to help us decide who the Causes should be. This part is so exciting for us because we have the opportunity to learn about other local organizations who are doing amazing work for Pittsburgh with whom we have the potential to partner with!
Nominations are now being accepted here.
Each organization will meet the following criteria:
- The organization’s mission and programming align with PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda.
- The organization must be a 501(c)3 with a focus on the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- The organization must have demonstrated programming that impacts the lives of the people of the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- Organizational capacity to demonstrate impact
- Organizational capacity to be involved and engaging at the event
- Good communication with PUMP
- Financial need
- The Organization cannot have been a Cause in the prior two years.
Timeline for Announcing the 2019 Causes
- Nominations Open – March 11 – March 24
- PUMP vetting of submissions – March 25- April 5
- Announcement of Finalists – April 8
- YOU vote on the top Causes – April 8 – April 21
- Announcement of 2019 Cause(s) – April 25
Questions about nominations or Kickball for a Cause?
Contact Jaime Filipek at firstname.lastname@example.org.