On August 8, 2020, PUMP will once again host Kickball for a Cause at Mellon Park and bring together 600+ young people, ages 21+, for a day of kickball, fundraising, picknicking, and fun.
Now in it’s 18th year of play, Kickball for a Cause features 36 teams which play in round-robin lightening games in Mellon Park throughout the day while enjoying generous donations of food, drink and music from our sponsors. The top 12 teams advance into playoff rounds – which always generates a crowd of supporters and cheers.
Help us find this year’s Causes!
Since its inception, Kickball for a Cause has raised tens of thousands of dollars for local nonprofits and charities. For the past few years, we’ve relied on the community to help us choose which Causes the event will support. Being the beneficiary Causes includes both monetary donations and exposure to our members and event attendees. It is a great opportunity for a nonprofit looking to partner with PUMP and get to know our network better.
Nominations are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. This year we received 56 awesome potential causes. We are working hard to finalize a group of between 6-10 finalists. Voting opens January 27th at 12:00 am. Each organization will meet the following criteria:
- The organization’s mission and programming align with PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda.
- Note: While we strongly support specific illness and disease nonprofits, animal focused nonprofits, and hospitals, these types of organizations are not eligible to be selected as a Kickball for a Cause beneficiary.
- The organization must be a 501(c)3 with a focus on the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- The organization must have an organizational annual expense budget that does not exceed $1 million per year.
- The organization must have demonstrated programming that impacts the lives of the people of the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- Having not been a Cause in the prior two years
In addition, if selected, the organization must be able to commit to and fulfill the following expectations:
- The organization must be involved and engaging onsite at the event by hosting and staffing a booth with an engaging activity.
- The organization must participate in an interview to share the organization’s story which will then be featured in pre-event promotion.
- The organization must have good communication with PUMP
If you are interested in learning more about the 2019 selection and voting process then check out our blog here.
Timeline for Announcing the 2020 Causes
- Nominations Open: January 27 – February 9 CLOSED
- PUMP vetting of submissions: February 10 – February 26
- Announcement of Finalists: February 27
- YOU vote on the top Causes: February 27 – March 9
- Announcement of 2020 Causes: Thursday March 12
Questions about nominations or Kickball for a Cause?
Contact Jaime Filipek at email@example.com.
Save the Date for Registration
Registration will open on June 23rd at noon! Stay tuned for more information! If you are not a PUMP Member, and do not wish to become one for the year you are still welcome to participate in the tournament using the discount code: K4aC20player