On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, there will be primary elections in Pittsburgh School Board Districts 2, 4, 6, and 8. Read on for all the information you need to be prepared to vote on Election Day.
Why these elections matter
School Board members are elected volunteers who represent students, families, and taxpayers. They play a vital role in our community by:
- Setting property tax rates
- Negotiating the work rules and pay for all school staff
- Hiring key administrators
- Managing a budget of $643.7 million – larger than the City of Pittsburgh’s operating budget
Yet, only 1 in 5 registered voters casts votes for school board.
That’s why PUMP is part of the Vote School Board First! PGH Coalition. We want to ensure that everyone is educated and promote increased voter participation.
Everything you need to get ready to vote school board first
1. Check the map to see if you live in District 2, 4, 6, or 8
2. Register to vote by Monday, April 22, 2019
Vote School Board First sent questions to all the candidates for school board. Check out their responses using our online candidate guide.
April 24, 2019 – 5:30 PM-8:00 PM – Kaufmann Auditorium, 1825 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Space is limited, so be sure to register.
Help ensure all voters are informed by volunteering with us
We need your help with phonebanking, door-knocking, and handing out info about the candidates at the polls on Election Day. Click here and scroll down to the volunteer form to sign up.