- This event has passed.
Gender Awareness in the Media
May 29, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Gender Awareness in the Media: supporting the dignity and safety of transgender and gender non-conforming people in Pittsburgh is an event geared toward expanding media knowledge of best practices for reporting and interview gender diverse populations.
- 11:00 AM- 11:05 AM Introduction to Training and Topic
- 11:05 AM – 11:50 AM Presenter Led Training – Presented by Ciora Thomas, SisTers PGH
- 11:50 AM – 12:25 PM Panel Discusssion
- 12:25 PM Closing Thoughts
- Ciora Thomas, SisTers PGH
- Kristina Marusic, National Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- Facilitated by Jam Hammond, Pittsburgh Commission on Human Relations
This event brought to you by:
- SisTers PGH
- The City of Pittsburgh Commission on Human Relations
- The City of Pittsburgh LGBTQIA+ Advisory Council
Learn more and register here.
Want to submit a community event? Start Here
(Events must align with PUMP’s mission and Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda in order to be approved for inclusion in the Community Calendar.)