- This event has passed.
Healthy Start Maternal and Child Health Gala
May 19, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Our Maternal and Child Health Gala is BACK! Join Healthy Start Pittsburgh for a fabulous night of community, compassion, and celebration.
About this event
Healthy Start Pittsburgh has been eagerly awaiting to commemorate our 30 Years Strong, and we finally feel we can safely celebrate this milestone—with special guest Tatyana Ali and YOU. Grab your ticket, an outfit that inspires you, and a fellow community health advocate, and we’ll see you on May 19 at 5:30 PM at Omni William Penn Hotel!
What’s in store?
This year’s gala will include live music during our pre-dinner reception. Stay tuned for the incredible local artist who is yet to be announced. Our silent auction will feature donated goodies from across Greater Pittsburgh’s local business scene. A huge thank you to our generous in-kind donors! Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and our premium cash bar while you socialize and shop. A formal seated dinner will be provided by Omni William Penn Hotel. Finally, our keynote presentation will feature actor and maternal health advocate Tatyana Ali. In a 2021 BlogHer article, Ali shared, “I went to Harvard. I was a child actor. I lived a very privileged life. The birth of my son and my pregnancy was really my first interaction with a type of racism that could kill me and affect the health of my child.” Ms. Ali uses her celebrity platform to create greater awareness about health equity and maternal and child health disparities. We are elated to highlight her work as part of our 30-year Anniversary!
- Early-bird tickets will be on sale for $100 from April 1 to April 30. On May 1, ticket prices will go up to $150.
- The Maternal and Child Health Gala will occur on May 19 from 5:30-8:30 PM at Omni William Penn Hotel. Valet parking is available at the Omni William Penn Hotel. There is also on-street parking and nearby garages.
- Our dress code is “wear what inspires you”. From cocktail attire to ballgowns and tuxedos, we urge our guests to dress for the occasion while feeling their best.
- Staff, volunteers, and attendees must be fully vaccinated with the Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine and show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the Omni William Penn Hotel OR provide proof of negative COVID test (full details in our COVID Safety Policy below).
- Masks will be required except for during meals. We thank you in advance for your shared commitment to community health and safety.
We thank you in advance for your shared commitment to community health and safety.
In staying true to our mission to improve maternal and child health and to reduce poor birth outcomes and infant mortality, our annual gala is a community celebration to showcase and support our work year-round. As the organization’s primary fundraiser, Healthy Start’s goal this year is to raise $100,000 toward supporting free, high-quality programs, sustaining a culturally responsive organizational infrastructure, and raising community awareness.
Learn more about Healthy Start Pittsburgh at: https://healthystartpittsburgh.org.
- May 19, 2022
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Advocacy, Social
- Omni William Penn Hotel
530 William Penn Place
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219 United States + Google Map
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 3 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 10 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 17 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Want to submit a community event? Start Here
(Events must align with PUMP’s mission and Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda in order to be approved for inclusion in the Community Calendar.)