- This event has passed.
PRC – Hard to Recycle Events
July 30, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Since 2003, Pennsylvania Resources Council has held Hard to Recycle collections in Southwestern PA. The goal is to provide responsible and convenient disposal for items that are not eligible for curbside recycling. At these events, individuals have been able to recycle items such as e-waste, cell phones, polystyrene, Freon-containing appliances, tires and more.
The first event is THIS SATURDAY (7/23) we will be at Quaker Valley High School and next Saturday (7/30) we will be in Monroeville at Next Tier Connect.
In order for these events to be successful, volunteers are needed!!
- Participate in a brief training session prior to the start of your event.
- Perform tasks such as directing traffic, taking surveys, handing out educational materials and much more. You will be engaged.
- Volunteers can work full- or half-day shifts:
- Full-day shift: 8 am – 2 pm ** preferred
- Morning shift: 8 am – 11 am
- Afternoon shift: 10:30 am – 2 pm
To show our appreciation, all volunteers at collection events will receive the following:
- Breakfast, lunch, & refreshments
- Safety gear such as vests & gloves
- Recycle up to $60 worth of material
- That warm fuzzy feeling that comes from helping a good cause
The events run rain or shine, so volunteers are advised to dress for the weather.
The full details of the event and all acceptable materials can be found on PRC’s website here and if anyone is interested in volunteering, they can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 30, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Advocacy, Recreation, Social
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 3 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
RivALZ to End ALZ Flag FootballNovember 3 @ 5:00 pm
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 10 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Want to submit a community event? Start Here
(Events must align with PUMP’s mission and Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda in order to be approved for inclusion in the Community Calendar.)