- This event has passed.
Schenley Oval Challenge
November 13, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
If you’re a runner in Pittsburgh, you’ve likely run around the Schenley Park Oval. This unique to Pittsburgh running landmark is just shy of 1 km, clocking in at exactly 992 meters or .992 km. The Schenley Oval functions as a pseudo track for many folks doing everything from intervals to just walking. This event is built around and dedicated to that loop.
Given the unique distance and the prominence of the oval, the ASCEND Run Club is hosting a one-of-a-kind time trial challenge, likely to be an annual event! The format is simple… runners attempt to complete one oval loop as fast as possible. Each runner will be hand timed with results placed into the Racetab program for sorting after the event. At the end of the day, results will be tabulated, and likely presented by overall, age, and gender. There will be no prizes, no awards, no swag bags, no fanfare. It’s all about your effort, your personal try-hard time, a little bit of fun, and maybe some friendly bragging that sets the stage for next year.
Here’s what else you need to know:
- Select how many participants you’re registering below and answer the questions on the next page.
- Try to show up roughly 30 minutes before your time slot begins to complete your registration, warm up, and get the lay of the land. If you’re running late, don’t worry! We’ll just work you in to the next heat. The time slots are just to help us loosly plan.
- The maximum will be 5 runners per lap, but likely will be fewer. So you might start running with a few others, but it’s just a time-trail for you.
- Feel free to time yourself, but our clocked time will be your official time.
- Runners will only get one registered attempt during the event.
- This is a FREE event, but runners are encouraged to make a financial or gently used running clothing donation, which will all benefit PUMPed To Run.
- If you’d like to help out at the event, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. This event will be mega laid back, but we could use some help with registration, timing, and getting runners into heats.
- November 13, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Advocacy, Recreation, Social