- This event has passed.
Steel City World Cup (Group Stage)
September 24, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Join us for the second Steel City World Cup and Global Festival presented by BNY Mellon and hosted by the Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP), Pittsburgh Soccer in the Community, Pittsburgh Riverhounds and Highmark Stadium, and Welcoming Pittsburgh!
- 32 teams from 32 countries
- 7 vs. 7 (including goalie) on small fields.
- Guaranteed 3 games in Group Stage on Sunday, 9/24. All teams will be assigned to a 4-team Group at the World Cup Draw Event on 9/13
- All teams qualify for the Round of 16 & Quarterfinals on Saturday, 9/30. Semi-Finals, Championship, and Global Festival will be held on Sunday, 10/1.
- All Group Stage games are 36 minutes. Round of 16 & Quarterfinal games are 50 minutes. Semi-Finals and Championship games are 60 minutes.
- $125 team registration fee to reserve spot.
- Teams must have a minimum of 8 players and maximum of 12 players
- Teams must include at least 2 women (Note: 2 women must be on the field at all times)
- Teams must consist of at least 3 players whose country of origin is the same as the country represented in the tournament. Country of origin is defined as having been born in the country or having at least one parent born in the country.
- First come first serve registration by country and continent. Once a country has registered or a continent is full, additional teams for either will be placed on a waitlist.*
- Continents and team allocations are Africa (7 teams), Asia (5 teams), Europe (10 teams), North and Central America and Caribbean (4 teams), Oceania (1 team), and South America – 5 teams
- Check HERE to see if your country and continent are still available and open.
- Players must be residents (or students with temporary residence) of Western Pennsylvania.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age.
- Players must sign a waiver before play and wear shin guards at all times.
- Players must exhibit good sportsmanship and fair play.
To register, you will need the following:
- Name, email, and phone number of the Team Captain
- Name of country your team is representing
- Name and gender of all team members (minimum of 8 players and maximum of 12)
- Names of at least 3 team members who meet the country of origin requirement
Two ways to register:
- Click the “register” button at the top of the page to register online including payment.
- Print the registration form HERE, complete, and return by mail along with payment.
*Following the registration deadline, the tournament host committee will fill any remaining open slots from wait-list teams with priority being given to country teams not represented. All wait-list teams will be notified of their status no later than September 4th.