- This event has passed.
Steel City World Cup
October 15, 2016 @ 8:00 am - October 16, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Soccer Tournament Details:
- $100 team registration fee to reserve spot.
- 32 teams from 32 countries
- Guaranteed 3 games in group stage on Saturday, October 15th
- Round of 16 knock-out stage on Sunday, October 16th
- 7 vs. 7 (including goalie) on small fields. All games are 24 minutes.
- First come first serve registration by country and continent. Once a country has registered or a continent is full, additional teams for either will be placed on a waitlist.*
- Continents and team allocations are Africa (7 teams), Asia (5 teams), Europe (10 teams), North and Central America and Caribbean (4 teams), Oceania (1 team), and South America – 5 teams
- Check HERE to see if your country and continent are still available and open.
- Sunday Seedings and Game Times
Player and Team Requirements:
- Players must be residents (or students with temporary residence) of Allegheny County.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age.
- Players must sign a waiver before play and wear shin guards at all times.
- Teams must have a minimum of 8 players and maximum of 12 players.
- Teams must include at least 2 women (Note: 2 women must be on the field at all times).
- Teams must have at least 3 players that represent the country of origin by participant or parental birth.
To register, you will need the following:
- Name, email, and phone number of the Team Captain
- Name of country your team is representing
- Name and gender of all team members (minimum of 8 players and maximum of 12)
- Names of at least 3 team members who meet the country of origin requirement
Two ways to register:
- Click the “register” button at the top of the page to register online including payment.
- Print the registration form HERE, complete, and return by mail along with payment.
Contact Jave Brown at email@example.com or 412-338-2133 x16 or visit www.steelcityworldcup.com!
*Following the registration deadline, the tournament host committee will fill any remaining open slots from waitlist teams with priority being given to country teams not represented. All waitlist teams will be notified of their status no later than October 5th.
Thank you to our Steel City World Cup Sponsors:
Want to submit a community event? Start Here
(Events must align with PUMP’s mission and Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda in order to be approved for inclusion in the Community Calendar.)