- This event has passed.
YWCA Stand Against Racism National Tele-Town Hall
April 23, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:45 pm
Join the YWCA USA for a national tele-town hall.
Voting rights, census participation, and civic engagement are, and have always been, essential to racial justice. As the COVID-19 pandemic disrupts all aspects of life, it is also exacerbating the impact of systemic and structural racism on communities of color across health, education, justice, and economic sectors. In this moment, our collective efforts to secure full access at the ballot box, to ensure a fair and complete Census count, and to stand against racism—whenever and wherever it happens—are more important than ever.
They speakers will:
- Explore the issues with national leaders in the movement for racial justice and gender equity
- Learn best practices and build skills for effective civic engagement amidst social distancing
- Motivate and inspire nationwide networks for the work of racial justice
- Alejandra Y. Castillo, CEO, YWCA USA
- Cecile Richards, Co-chair, Supermajority
- Vanita Gupta, President & CEO, Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights
- Valerie Jarrett, Co-Chair, United State of Women & When We All Vote
- Ai-Jen Poo, Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Virginia Kase, CEO, League of Women Voters
- Melanie Campbell, President & CEO, National Council on Black Civic Participation