Kickball for a Cause
Now in its 20th year of play, Kickball for a Cause is an annual, summertime, adult, charitable kickball tournament that draws approximately 400-600 participants and volunteers. Since its inception, Kickball for a Cause has raised tens of thousands of dollars for Pittsburgh charities and spread awareness about many important causes and organizations. This year’s Kickball for a Cause will be held on Saturday, August 12th 2023 in Mellon Park.
PUMP is seeking local nonprofit organization(s) whose work makes an impact on Pittsburgh or the Greater Pittsburgh Region to serve as Kickball for a Cause beneficiaries. Being a Kickball for a Cause beneficiary is a great opportunity to network, recruit volunteers, build awareness and raise funds for your organization. Selection as a Kickball for a Cause beneficiary comes with the following benefits and expectations.
We are asking all interested nonprofits to please have a member of their staff or board to fill out the following application to be a Cause at this year’s tournament. PUMP staff and board will narrow our applications down to between 4-6 organizations who will be voted on by both our PUMP audience and your network.
- February 1st – February 28th: Application open
- March 1st – March 10th: Internal PUMP Vetting Process
- March 12th – March 15th: PUMP Staff will confirm 4-6 organizations
- March 15th – March 27th: Open Voting
- Anyone is eligible to vote one time
- PUMP Members votes count as 2 votes
- Tuesday March 28th: Announcement of Charity Winner(s)
CRITERIA TO BE CONSIDERED A CAUSE:
- The organization’s mission and programming align with PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda.
- Note: While we strongly support specific illness and disease nonprofits, animal focused nonprofits, and hospitals, these types of organizations are not eligible to be selected as a K4aC beneficiary.
- The organization must be a 501(c)3 with a focus on the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- The organization must have demonstrated programming that impacts the lives of the people of the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- The organization has a need for financial assistance to elevate their work; organizations will not be considered that have an annual expense budget of over $1 million per year.
In addition, if selected, the organization must be able to commit to and fulfill the following expectations:
- The organization must be involved and engaging onsite at the event by hosting and staffing a booth with an engaging activity.
- The organization must participate in an interview to share their story which will be featured in pre-event promotion.
- The organization is expected to have good communication with PUMP.
The application period has closed to be considered a 2023 Kickball for a Cause beneficiary. Thank you for your interest.