We believe it’s time to invest in our kids.
On November 6, Allegheny County residents will vote on a citizen’s referendum to establish the Allegheny County Children’s Fund to provide reliable funding for what’s proven to work four our local kids: early learning, after school, and nutritious meals.
We want to make sure you have the facts so you can make an informed decision prior to voting on Nov. 6.
From collecting nearly 64,000 petition signatures to door knocking to community conversations to our public website, this has been – and remains – a very public effort. Our kids deserve nothing less.
The Allegheny County Children’s Fund would be one of the most publicly accountable and publicly engaged offices our region has ever seen.
The Children’s Fund would be:
- Established by Allegheny County government and supervised by our Allegheny County Manager
- Overseen by our elected Allegheny County Executive and County Council
- Audited annually
- Transparent in funding allocations and outcomes via website and an annual report to the public
- Advised by a volunteer commission providing guidance and suggestions
- A stable source of funding for three program areas proven to improve the lives of our children and region’s economy
This helpful infographic explains how it would work, step-by-step:
Please help spread the truth among your friends and family, neighbors, and coworkers:
- Read the ballot question and the proposed amendment to the home rule charter that would be enacted if the majority of voters approve the referendum
- Join a community conversation to learn more and ask questions in person
- Join PUMP and PSL for one of our three upcoming Hopscotch Happy Hours, where you can learn about Our kids. Our commitment. while playing games and enjoying friends
- Email us with questions, ideas, and meetings to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get involved by volunteering, sharing your success stories relating to early learning, after school, and nutrition, and more
- Read more about the priority areas of early learning, after school, and nutrition
- Follow Our kids. Our commitment. on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date
Rarely, if ever, have we had a citizen led voter referendum in Allegheny County. Let’s make history for our kids! Please share this information with all you know.