Beginning January 1, 2017 the recently passed fare changes for the Port Authority will be effective. The changes include:
- Replacing the multiple zone fee structure with a flat-rate of $2.50 for ConnectCard users
- Instating a $0.25 surcharge fee for cash fares
- Instituting a pay-on-entry system
- Eliminating the downtown free zone for all buses
- Transfers with ConnectCards will remain at $1, while customers paying with cash will be required to pay a full fare on their subsequent trips
The Downtown and North Shore free fare zone will remain for light rail (T). Additional changes to the light rail system are expected for the second half of 2017 with a cashless proof-of-payment system being implemented.
Learn more at PortAuthority.org.