The Allegheny County Children’s Fund Working Group, convened by County Executive Rich Fitzgerald in March 2019, is hosting a series of community meetings in late May and June 2019 throughout Allegheny County to learn from families, caregivers, educators and community members.
Allegheny County’s goal is to make sure that every child can benefit from quality early learning and out-of-school time.
The Working Group invites you to share your views on what works best and what additional support is needed when it comes to early learning and out-of-school time. Your input will help the working group determine how Allegheny County can be a leader for kids moving forward.
There will be six meetings, all with free childcare and refreshments provided. Learn more and RSVP here.
- City Meeting – May 30, 2019 – Jeron X Grayson Center, Hill District – 6:30 PM
- West Meeting– June 3, 2019 – The Landing Community Center, Moon Township – 6:30 PM
- South Meeting – June 4, 2019 – Bethel Park Community Center – 6:30 PM
- North Meeting – June 5, 2019 – Shaler North Hills Library – 6 PM
- East Meeting – June 12, 2019 – Founders Hall Middle School, McKeesport – 6:30 PM
- Spanish-Language Meeting – June 18, 2019 – YWCA Building, Downtown – 6:30 PM
About the Allegheny County Children’s Fund Working Group:
In March 2019, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald convened the Children’s Fund Working Group and tasked them with conducting research and gathering public feedback to inform the potential establishment of a Children’s Fund. The working group is chaired by Trisha Gadson, Ph.D. of Macedonia FACE, and Michelle Figlar of the Heinz Endowments. Read the full press release here.
PUMP is supportive of the County Executive’s effort and we are committed to ensuring that all kids in Allegheny County have equitable access to high quality early learning and out-of-school time programs.
We hope you will attend a meeting to share your perspective and lead the way for a better future for our kids.