- This event has passed.
7th Annual ReelAbilities Pittsburgh Film Festival
September 10 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Film Pittsburgh is presenting several films related to physical disabilities during their 7th Annual ReelAbilities Pittsburgh film festival on September 4-11 at SouthSide Works Cinema.
Tuesday, September 10, 7pm
Shorts Program (Seven short films totaling 102 minutes)
- IAN, A MOVING STORY Ian was born with cerebral paralysis. All he wants is to make friends, but discrimination keeps him away from the playground.
- UNTEACHABLE Daniel recalls the difficulties he had as a child who could not read and the moment a teacher changed his life forever.
- BEFORE DARK While hiking the Appalachian Trail, a Deaf couple argues about what to do if their soon-to-be born child can’t hear.
- JMAXX AND THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE Jarell is teenager with autism who uses hip-hop as a means to communicate his true self to the world.
- PICKLE MAN When faced with certain death by ALS, Arthur Cohen decides to leave a legacy of pickles. PickALS, that is.
- CODA A young dancer struggles with her bi-cultural identity and conflicted feelings about growing up hearing in a Deaf family.
- 1500 MILES Nicole Ver Kuilen is an amputee athlete who challenges herself to swim, bike, and run from Seattle to San Diego. She has the endurance and passion to make it to the end but will her prosthesis survive the journey?
*Followed by a Q&A with Nicole Ver Kuilen, subject of 1500 Miles. Post-film reception at art exhibit space next door.
Here are more details about ReelAbilities Pittsburgh:
- Tickets may be purchased at www.filmpittsburgh.org. Click HERE to see a complete list.
- General Admission Tickets are $12.
- Group tickets for 12 or more for a single screening are $9.50. (sold in advance only)
- Every film has open captioning, ASL interpretation, and audio description.
- Each screening is followed by a reception with light fare.
- We partner with Creative Citizen Studios to host an art exhibit next door to SouthSide Works Cinema that features work by local artists living with disabilities.
November 18 @ 8:00 am - December 13 @ 5:00 pm
November 18 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
November 20 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm