- This event has passed.
Suicide Prevention Month Forum with Steel Smiling
September 22, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Steel Smiling is hosting the first annual Suicide Prevention Month Forum at 11 AM on Saturday, September 22, 2018, at the Jeron X Grayson Community Center.
Join Pittsburgh leaders, mental health professionals, and community members to share conversations about suicide prevention with Steel Smiling. Mental and behavioral health providers will be on hand to highlight information about their services.
A panel discussion will be hosted by Brian Burley, author of YNGBLKPGH, with the following trusted community voices:
- Leonard Hammonds II: Executive Director of the Hammonds Initiative
- Sharice Nance: LCSW, CCTP, and award-winning author
- Ricky Moody: MS, CSOTP, CCCJS, CSAS, and administrator of Pittsburgh Mercy’s Forensic Outpatient MH Unit
- Tammy Thompson: President of T3 Consulting, Inc. and Executive Director of Circles Greater Pittsburgh
- Devantae Butler: Motivational speaker and author
Chef Claudy M. Pierre and his team at Eminent Hospitality Solutions Company will provide the food. DJKB will curate music and artist CB Perry will do live paintings. Plus, enjoy a spoken word performance by Backpack Jeff Young and giveaways from Steel Smiling.
More information and registration here.
- September 22, 2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Advocacy, Social
- Jeron X. Grayson Community Center
1852 Enoch Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219 United States + Google Map
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 3 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 10 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
B-PEP Voter Registration Volunteer OpportunityJune 17 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Want to submit a community event? Start Here
(Events must align with PUMP’s mission and Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda in order to be approved for inclusion in the Community Calendar.)