- This event has passed.
World Night with the Riverhounds: Africa Night
August 13, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
About the World Nights:
The Steel City World Cup Partners (PUMP, Vibrant Pittsburgh, Cameroon Football Development Program, Welcoming Pittsburgh, and the Riverhounds) are hosting three World Nights during Riverhounds games to promote and build community, celebrate culture, promote the Steel City World Cup, and highlight the Riverhounds and Highmark Stadium. The first World Night, Africa Night, will take place on August 13th, 2016. Each World Night will include cultural activities, and the opportunity to come down on the field after the game.
Many thanks to our World Night Sponsor:
World Night Dates and Tickets:
The Riverhounds have graciously made available discounted tickets for $15 for purchase online especially for World Nights. A portion of all ticket sales will be donated back to the SCWC for the diversity and inclusion mini-grants program facilitated by Vibrant Pittsburgh.
- August 13 – Africa Night Purchase Tickets HERE
- August 24 – Eurasia Night Purchase Tickets HERE
- September 14 – Americas Night Purchase Tickets HERE
What you can expect at World Nights:
• World Night Parade, 5:30 PM – Everyone is welcome to join in the walk from Station Square parking lot to Highmark stadium before the game!
• Welcome the Team – We’ll form a World Night Tunnel of people that the team will run throughout on to the field.
• Cultural Expression – Wear your traditional attire or favorite soccer jersey from the region of focus, wave country flags, and bring your musical instruments and noise makers!
• Pre-game & Half-time cultural entertainment – Different for each game and reflective of each night’s region of the world!
• Partner & Community Tables – Information about SCWC partners and community groups that reflect the region of focus!
• After-Party on the Highmark Stadium Field that includes:
- Play – Pick up soccer under the lights with the Pittsburgh skyline in the background!
- Competition – Penalty kick contest sponsored by BNY Mellon with a prize for the winner!
- Food, beverages, and entertainment – Relax and enjoy beverages as a DJ plays music!
- Autographs and pictures – Mix and mingle with Riverhounds Pro Team players after the game!
Want to submit a community event? Start Here
(Events must align with PUMP’s mission and Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda in order to be approved for inclusion in the Community Calendar.)