Let’s revolutionize our kids’ futures together!
Vote Yes for our kids on Nov. 6 to establish The Allegheny County Children’s Fund.
This question will be on all Allegheny County voters’ ballots:
“Shall the Allegheny County Home Rule Charter be amended to establish the Allegheny County Children’s Fund, funded by Allegheny County levying and collecting an additional 0.25 mills, the equivalent of $25 on each $100,000 of assessed value, on all taxable real estate, beginning January 1, 2019 and thereafter, to be used to improve the well-being of children through the provision of services throughout the County including early childhood learning, after school programs, and nutritious meals?”
Review the proposed amendment.
PUMP is one of 10 organizations serving as the Steering Committee for Our kids. Our commitment. working to establish the Allegheny County Children’s Fund to support early learning, after school programs, and nutrition, through a ballot referendum process. We are working together with dozens of community partners and neighbors to revolutionize the way we support our kids’ futures to ensure the health and well-being of children across the county.
We believe that by giving Allegheny County kids every opportunity to succeed, we’re giving our region the future we deserve.
If you believe in helping our kids be the best they can be, join us to bring the Allegheny County Children’s Fund to life:
- Volunteer with Our kids. Our commitment.
- Tell us your success story
- Join us for a Hopscotch Happy Hour to learn more
- Attend a community conversation
Visit OurKidsOurCommitment.org to make a change for local kids.
And remember to VOTE YES ON NOVEMBER 6!
Our 16-point advocacy and public policy agenda includes 4 key themes:
Diverse + Connected Region
- Visibility, recognition, and representation of positive diverse individuals, cultures, and values in leadership and positions of power.
- Diverse, inclusive, affordable neighborhoods and communities.
- World-class, multi-modal transportation infrastructure that supports and fosters community and regional connectivity.
- Spaces and opportunities for all residents to engage in dialogue and action to address diversity, inclusion, social justice and racism.
- Protection and support for immigrants, refugees, formerly incarcerated individuals, and other vulnerable populations.
- Affordable accessible high-speed internet and leading-edge technology for all.
Equitable Opportunities for Success
- Access to affordable, high-quality education and workforce development opportunities for all children and adults.
- Equitable access to individual, community, and financial support for education, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- A competitive business environment that fosters job creation and innovation by employers that support equitable opportunities and good paying jobs.
Active + Engaged Residents
- Policies, programs, and initiatives that help voters become more engaged and knowledgeable.
- Opportunities to engage with elected officials and influence public policy.
- Equitable legislative districts that fairly represent all voting populations.
Equitable Access to Health + Wellness
- Affordable, high quality, comprehensive healthcare options for all.
- Accessible, safe recreational spaces and activities in every neighborhood.
- Access to affordable, healthy food in every neighborhood.
- Clean air and water for all including green infrastructure and sustainable practices.
At its heart, the agenda is about equity. PUMP defines “equity” as fair access, treatment and rights under the law and within society as a whole. Consistent with our vision and core values, the issue of equity is ever present within and across all the issues, concepts, and ideas included in PUMP’s advocacy and public policy agenda. We are committed to equity for all in everything we do.
Endorse PUMP’s Advocacy + Policy Agenda!
To date, over 500 individuals have endorsed our agenda! Join with PUMP and lend your voice to our efforts to make Pittsburgh the very best place and a home for ALL! Thank you for supporting PUMP’s advocacy and public policy program.
By adding my name and contact information below, I am endorsing the concepts outlined in PUMP’s Advocacy + Public Policy Agenda.